- Uses the CDC-recommended nucleic acid technology for the detection of STIs.
- Robust multiplex pathogen & serotype detection from a single patient sample.
- Provides improved sensitivity and specificity across multiple pathogens.
- Has the most comprehensive test menu compared to most competitors.
- Wide selection of sample types ensures you are using the right sample for the right diagnosis.
With COVID-19 grabbing so much attention, few have understood, and many overlooked, the U.S. burden on other serious public health threats with sexually transmitted diseases among the most neglected.
- Clinical presentation of STIs are very similar to other infections such as UTIs and vaginitis.
- Testing is the only way to know if an STI pathogen is responsible for the clinical presentation.
- Testing is the only way to know the best treatment plan for the clinical presentation.
- STIs are asymptomatic in at least 50% of infected individuals.
- Asymptomatic individuals can transmit the infection to their sexual partners and babies.
- Left untreated the infection can spread from the infected site systemically.
- Systemic spread of STIs is associated with an increase in morbidity and in some cases fatality.
Burden in the U.S.1
- 11.6 million cases of Chlamydia (6% increase from 2015)
- 677,769 cases of Gonorrhea (45% increase from 2016)
- 133,945 cases of Syphilis (52% increase from 2016)
- 2,148 cases of Congenital Syphilis (235% increase from 2016)
- Patients exhibiting clinical presentations (symptomatic patients)
- Asymptomatic patients (see CDC guidelines)2
- Patients with substance use disorders
Frequently Asked Questions